Project Development Assistance (PDA) projects build the technical, economic and legal expertise needed for project development, leading to the launch of concrete investments. At the EU level such projects have been used extensively in the field of energy (efficiency). But (how) can the approach be transferred to Circular Economy projects?
HOOP is a pioneering Horizon 2020 project that is providing PDA to eight Lighthouse Cities and Regions across Europe. The project aims to unlock significant investments in state-of-the-art biowaste and wastewater valorisation technologies.
Now, two-and-a-half years into the project, partners share their methodologies, experiences, encountered barriers and learnings with other EU projects, technology providers, consultancies and all interested stakeholders in a dedicated webinar.
Learnings from the PDA components
- Technological, feasibility and environmental assessments – Cristina Gonzalez, ITENE
- Circular bio-based business models – Evgenia Vogiatzidaki, Draxis
- Innovative financial engineering and public procurement – Marine Viale, Bax & Company
- Stakeholder engagement, awareness and acceptance – Carina Diedrich, CSCP
- Overall PDA management – Miguel Angel Suarez, CETENMA
Q&A and discussion